Monday, July 18, 2011

Could I get into music school after such a late start?

I started the violin in 5th grade. I am now going into 8th grade. In 7th grade i was the concertmistress in my 7/8 grade orchestra. The pieces that i have recently played are Hayden's Concerto no. 2 in G, Bachs Violin double, La Folia by Corelli, Allegro by Fiocco, and lastly mazas Etude no. 10. I was in Michigans 2011 All state orchestra. I am attending blue lake this year for two sessions. 3rd session i am going for violin. Im hoping to get i to symphony orchestra considering i was in Concert last year. 4th session I am going for composition. I got 1st place in michigans junior composition contest for middle school. I try to practice 1-2 hours a day. sometimes on weekends i get to 2.5. Am i on the right track? I know that i started pretty late to want to be a proffesional violinist. I also play piano. I have been playing piano for 4 years and just finished bachs invention no. 8. I practice piano for 1 hour a day. I practice volantarily in case you thought i was being forced. I love music. So, question time. Should i step up my practice time? What are some fun pieces at my difficulty level for violin? Am I on the right track to become a professional musician? I am hoping to go to The University of Miami. that could change considering my age. hehe. And lastly, would taking AP music theory in high school help my cause? thanks :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment