Tuesday, July 12, 2011

16 year old GED HELP?

So up untill tonight, my focus as a 15 year old have been quite narrow-minded. I go to school simply because it's "what you do", not in a bad way, I have excellent grades, etc. More to the point, My dad has homeschooled me on and off for the past 5 years, I havent had much planning ahead guidance and this year have fallen extremely behind in my schooling. I go to an online school, themorningstaracademy and unless I get the summer extension, which I cant afford by tomorrow, the deadline, Im going to fail two of my 6 classes because I wont be able to finish all the assignments. I started super late because I and everyone else around me has a mac, I had just got mine and couldnt affor to buy a PC which is what I needed for school. Its not that im incapable, This is my first year taking AP classes and I hav excelled, there simply isnt enough time. That being said, I have few options. I can transition into public schools for the 3rd time and run a high risk of being placed BACk two grades or more, can continue with online school which I cant afford to do because my parents now see me as not being able to handle it, which I understand from their perspective, but being the one actually trying to do it right, I just couldnt get it all done. And my third option, my birthday is in two months, so I could go straight for my GED, and start life basically. Im not particularly in favor of any of these options, because when I think GED, I have this illiterate, "prescious" type stereotype in my mind, as if im some stupid dropout who will in the eyes of others will never acheive anything, which im not calling ANYBODY by the way, thats just the stupid image I have in my mind. Im not sure what to do, any input right now would be helpful. I do want to go to college and a good one at that. Being homeschooled for so long, I havent had any guidence when it comes to the future and pursuit of education, career, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment